I fucking hate Go Daddy

Website issues and suggestions

I fucking hate Go Daddy

Postby Piggy's Bitch » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:37 am

So...
On 12/16/2017 Go Daddy decided to migrate the Atlanta Hash website from an old server to a new server.
When they migrated the server they failed to update the DNS to the new IP address. Great easy fix update a couple number.
Well they also migrated the databases to new servers. OK thats a pain but I can update the connection string to point to the new servers.
Wait a minute when you migrated the Yap Yap Room database it lost 20+ tables including the all important user date...
5+ hours on the phone with Go Daddy people ending up with they fucked up and lost our data.
So I had to do a fresh install of the forum. Which now everyone needs to re-register and I need to recreate all the groups/permissions alter this that and the other.
Piggy's Bitch

Re: I fucking hate Go Daddy

Postby Money Shot » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:53 pm

They all suck. It's happened to my web site before, too. But we're back! Thanks for all your hard work! We'll give you a free beer next time we see you! ;)
Money Shot

Postby double suck » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:01 pm

Pretty sure Piggy is not getting paid enough.
Thank you!
double suck

Postby Piggy's Bitch » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:20 pm

So go daddy lost 28 tables some how when they migrated the website to the new server and they can't find it on even the old server which is weird cause it was there the day before. So they means I had to reinstall the forum which is why it looks completely different and your old log in doesn't work. On the plus side that means I got to update the forum which allows me to open up registration with a different form of authentication. So wankers go ahead and make your new forum accounts.
Piggy's Bitch

Postby KittyKittyGangBang » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:26 pm

Thank you, Piggy!!!
KittyKittyGangBang

Postby Piggy's Bitch » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:45 pm

Still tweaking with these damn settings let me know if there is stuff missing in the forum... last time I set a forum was 2011 and 2008... had months to set up, no job, no wife, and no piglets.
Piggy's Bitch

Postby Erection Master » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:20 pm

Unless I just don't know how this works. It looks like special ed is gone. No run count and no contact list. We all hate Go Daddy
Erection Master

Postby littlewilly » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:15 am

E.M. , Try clicking on "virgins". Special Ed box appears and there are run counts.
littlewilly

Postby Lawrence of a Labia » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:46 pm

On the plus side, it gives me a chance to re-reg since I lost access to my old e-mail and forgot the password for my account.

Side note, Piggy: there's a project/proof of concept I'd like to work on and just need to work out where some information can be consistently found on the website. I can't seem to PM you, so just hit me up on e-mail so I can explain and hopefully can work out where to look.
Lawrence of a Labia

Postby mchasher » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:38 pm

When I get into the phpBB (Yap Yap), I cannot get back to the very front page of AH4. Can you maybe make something link back to the main page? Maybe there already is such a thing already, so please point me to it. Thanks in advance! :-)
mchasher

Return to Website