Half-Bandit XV: Sunday 17 March 2019, 8:00am: Dips's Porch

If there isn't a forum then post here and Piggy B will make a new forum (if he thinks it should have its own spot and he will move your post to the new forum.)

Half-Bandit XV: Sunday 17 March 2019, 8:00am: Dips's Porch

Postby On the Rag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:53 am

Q: OTR, are you still doing this Bandit thing?
A: Yes! This will be the 15th in the Half-B Series since 2008. More than 400,000 R@cists on Two Continents have participated, mostly unwittingly; somewhere in the 100s of Bandits have also participated, many also unwittingly. All had fun.

Q: Is it a hash? Do I need to r*n?
A: The ½ Bandit is a Party, Inside a R@ce.
Think Peachtree Pubcrawl… a bit off-season. We’re gonna cover about 6 miles in 3 hours, while carrying beers; we may be forced to jog a bit, but only downhill.

Q: 8:00 am on a Sunday? Why so bloody early?
A: We’re subverting the Mega-R@cist Pubix/Georgia/Mara-Thong and Half-a-Thong using only shortcuts and beer. We gotta start early. To keep on Bandit schedule, we’ll on-out 8:30a.

Q: Beer/Partying?
A: YES.
Beer Stops at Dipstick’s Porch, 5th & Jupiter, BigBorePP (490 Marietta St), and Mile 24 (exact location TBD). Plus enroute beering and stopping.

Q: Where start?
A: Dipstick’s Porch is on the R@ce course (579 Park Drive NE, Atlanta, 30306)
near the intersex of Monroe and Park Drive, just a block from the dog park in Piedmont Park. Because of road closures (r@cists!) best approach is from the north, Ansley Mall/Buford Connector off I-85; neighborhood/street parking on Orme Circle NE puts you one block from Dipstick. You can approach from the South/Midtown Plaza, park on Elmwood Drive. From East/Decatur is a bit tricky with r@cist roadblocks on Highland, Virginia Av, near Carter Center, etc. but you’ll figure it out.

Q: Can I join enroute?
A: YES!
Send a message to OTR and we’ll hook you up.

Q: End?
A: Last Beer Stop will be near Oakland Cemetery, about 10am
. We can help folks get back to the start, or it's a pleasant Extra Credit Walk/Drink back along the Beltline.

Q: Cost?
A: $5.
Give it to any hostess/mostess you want to.

More Q’s? Ask OTR
On the Rag

Re: Half-Bandit XV: Sunday 17 March 2019, 8:00am: Dips's Por

Postby Lindsayne » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:11 am

Hey OTR! BreakingVag from ABQH3. I’m visiting with my male play toy this weekend and (surprise surprise) he’s a racist and doing this marathong you speak of. I am very....not. Lol I’m staying downtown close to the race start/finish as I have to show my boobs in support at those times. But I would LOVE to meet up with this group for a beverage while you’re on trail!!! The Marietta st stop looks close to where I’m staying. Can you send me some contact info?
Lindsayne

Re: Half-Bandit XV: Sunday 17 March 2019, 8:00am: Dips's Por

Postby On the Rag » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:29 am

You are going to have such a blast! Beer Stop#3 is at 490 Marietta Street NW, which is roughly Mile 13; walk UPSTREAM facing the r@cists and its barely a half-mile from the GA Aquariaum/R@ce END. At BS#3 BigBore and Dr.PeePee will be there in front of their loft with Beer/Waffles/Hugs. [I will message them to look for you; I've also PM'd you thru this Interweb right here (ah4.com).] They'll likely be in place by 8:45, but Bandits may not reach until 9:15 or so. BoyToy's mileage may vary. If he'd like to switch to the Half Bandit, it will reduce his total miles for the day from 26, to roughly 16 or 17, with lots of beer and fun. If you want to jump into Half-Bandit, same way it would be roughly 4 miles from BS# 3 to BS#4, back to R@cist END.]
Great to have you!
onon/otr
On the Rag

Return to Temporary Forum