Attention all Hashers

If there isn't a forum then post here and Piggy B will make a new forum (if he thinks it should have its own spot and he will move your post to the new forum.)

Attention all Hashers

Postby Sani » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:53 pm

Reminder that every year we do something to help out people at Christmas. This year (and for the last 3 years) we have collected money needed for Nicholas House. Here is what they are about:

We provide supportive services through our shelter on Boulevard, our scattered-site apartment rapid re-housing program Homeless to Homes (H2H), our Home Again rapid rehousing and homelessness prevention program, and our newly launched New Horizons program for chronically homeless families. All families have up to two years of follow-up support after leaving direct services.

Nicholas House understands that providing basic subsistence – food and shelter – is necessary but not sufficient to prevent most homeless families from becoming homeless again. Three main goals and three unique factors make Nicholas House an incredibly special place where positive, lasting change happens.
Thanks to friends like you, last year 96% of families served by Nicholas House graduated into their own permanent housing. 90% of them stayed in their own housing a year or more after graduation.

Please donate at the hash you attend either this weekend or week or next week. I will be a the Christmas Hash on 21st and you can give to me. Or give donation to your GM/Hashcash- they can get it to me. Money or gift cards are great!

We have really done great in years past and it is always appreciated. Thank you for your generosity and for helping out families in need. You are wonderful family to be part of. Sani
Sani

Return to Temporary Forum