Atlantahash.com

The Atlanta Hash Yap Yap Room

It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: EASTER SUNDAY, March 31st - Orphan Hash # something like 13+
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:25 pm 
Ready for Rehab

What: Orphan Hash - The only live hash trail March 31st, Sunday at 2 pm

Hares?: :drunk: :roll: :o :lol: :twisted: :ugeek: :banana: :toast: :?: :pig: Will be revealed at start. But don't worry. There is a plan!

When: Sunday, Hare(s) away at 2 pm

Where: Constitution Lakes Park, 1305 South River Industrial Blvd, Atlanta, GA 30315.

Off Moreland Ave on Right 1.1 miles North of I285's Exit 53, or off Moreland Ave on Left 4.4 miles South of I-20's Exit 60.

[url]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Orphan-Hash/222714214501323?id=222714214501323&sk=events[/url]

Why: Too many reasons to list but just for a few:

Because when there are five Sundays in a month, and BS runs on the 2d and 4th, it leaves Ass We Go with little to do on that 5th Sunday, so we have solved his problem.

Also, at this start you can see:

The tallest Willow Oak Tree in Atlanta (over 119' tall and over 16' round) along the Dolls Head Trail.

Over 40 species of birds counted there on Christmas day -- see even more this Sunday. Even an Osprey has recently been seen hunting the shallow lake.

More about this start:

Constitution Lakes was a brickyard operation, closing about 50 years ago. The areas where they dug out the clay to make bricks filled out with water and so now we have this wonderful hash territory of which 125 acres was bought by Dekalb County in 2003. The county added the parking lot, walkway and board walk, then left it for basically hashers private use. But now our sanctuary is threatened by an activist named Joy Carter, recently nominated by the Atlanta Audubon Society for the Park Pride Inspiration Award for Community Service. She got this nomination for making it a "safer, more accessible place for people". Her five years of steady visits and advocacy for this little-known place have catalyzed others to be involved, and contributed to it being a more popular place to visit. She, and people like her must be stopped. You can do so by infiltrating organizations like Friends of Constitution Lakes Park by planting native trees, cleaning up trails, and over all making sure this remains a hash sanctuary. Hashers and Birds can co-exist.

PS. If you know him, ask Piggy's Bitch, to place this on the AH4 calendar, or give me permission to

Post subject: Re: EASTER SUNDAY, March 31st - Orphan Hash # something like
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:43 am 
Ready for Rehab

NO. This trail will not be 13+ miles, or 10+ miles. That is the run count that we have already lost track of. But I know it is at least 13! I think. The standard is more than 4 and less than 5. But we'll see.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:34 pm 

Placed.... maybe you can give me like a couple month notice... they really don't sneak up on you. but wait that make too much sense. nm

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:00 am 
Blabbermouth

Busted, Have you ever thought about being polite. You act like you have a god given right to have your Orphan hash posted on the calender every 5 months or whenever when it comes up.

Alot of bigger hashes don't go nuts when they get the opportunity to use the forum.Which is a gift to all Atlanta hashes

Mayby the Orphans are too stupid to look at the left of the hash page.

Piggys, thanks for shuting up this sweeky wheel. But please don't give Busted acess to the Hash calender until he learns how to behave . I would rather the calender posts be reasonable and polite.
and the Busted Cherry posts will be on the forum so the reader can be warned.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:37 pm 
Blabbermouth

After my biching I ran the Orphan hash and luckily Busted hadn't read my post yet. It was a straw hash and all who ran it agreed it was tops in the hash runs. The two hares (winners of the straw pole) Pussy Pilot and Will You Suck, said "we couldn't have set this good a run if we had recuied it" It was amazing what they stumbled
on and the perfect running forests and swamps and graveyards and old buildings we were running in.
Good run and mayby we should consider putting the Orphan Hash in the category of legitamate Atlanta hashes