Site Logo

Atlantahash.com

The Atlanta Hash Yap Yap Room

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: A little help (Dicky Retardo in Puerto Rico)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:26 pm 
Blabbermouth

If you've hashed in Atlanta (and/or Macon) a while you'll remember Dicky Retardo. He's been living in Puerto Rico for a year or so and works as a bartender. He and his girlfriend are ok after the hurricane(s) but money is tight and cash talks down there for the time being - credit cards aren't an option. If you'd like to help with a PayPal donation, their address is katierjuban at gmail (keeping it a little private without being too cryptic I hope). Here is what one of their friends posted on Facebook just for more info:

These are our friends, Katie and Ricardo. Sometimes, it's hard to ask for donations, no matter how desperately you need them, and I know that is something they are unaccustomed to doing; I also know their situation is dire. So I'm doing it for them.
These are two lovely, hardworking people. Katie is a chef and Ricardo is a bartender. Kennan and I met Ricardo when I was working at the Oyster Factory here in New Orleans. We became fast friends and the four of us have had some great adventures together. Ricardo was the bartender at our wedding. They packed up and moved to Puerto Rico shortly thereafter.
We love them both very much and wish we had the funds to give them whatever they need, but we don't, so I'm reaching out to all of you.
They had safe refuge when Irma came through and they came out unscathed. Unfortunately, as you all know Maria, has left everybody in Puerto Rico in a terribly frightening state of urgency and devastation.
Because I know they won't do it and I know how desperate their need is, I'm asking for help. Any amount you can send would be helpful and it would mean the world to them!
Please, Facebook friends, give what you can.
Huge thanks to you in advance for any donation that you can make.
Thank you a million times! When we all pull together, there is hope!

Post subject: Re: A little help (Dicky Retardo in Puerto Rico)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:40 pm 
Queen of the Bitches

Done