Site Logo

Atlantahash.com

The Atlanta Hash Yap Yap Room

It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bringing children to the hash (yesterday's Cheddarhead)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:32 pm 
Ready for Rehab

Yesterday, Social Retard and I were left to look after two small girls, Just Lilly and Just Madison (age 10 or thereabouts) who were left stranded on trail. Soon after the beerstop, we fell behind to the very back while looking for trail together with these girls and two women with their son. The women the boy were quite fast on the stretches, and the girls couldn't always keep up, so we ended up taking the girls through several miles of rough terrain, including tunnels, thorny vegetation, ice-cold, waist-deep (for me!) creeks and slippery embankments.

I'm still not entirely sure who brought these girls along, but they should be grateful that they made it back in one piece. They were real troopers, btw. However, I do not understand how they ended up on their own on trail and who told them to take the off-road portion. I have no children, but it is beyond me that a parent would send their kids off by themselves on any hash trail, let alone on a more challenging one, and rely on total strangers to look out for them.

If you take your kids to the hash, stick with them, please! If you can't or don't want to, please leave them at home.

I hope there's another side to this story, and I'd sure like to hear it.

Dr PP